Dr. Juan José Nogales Hidalgo
• More than 30 years of experience• Specialist at the Center for Biologic Therapies Juan Nogales of Las Palmas (July 2013 - present) • Member and Deputy Medical Service ICOT COT (until 2002)• Hospital Perpetuo Socorro professional from Las Palmas (July 1996 - present)• Mutua Maz traumatologist of Workers' Compensation in Las Palmas (October 2003 - March 2014)• Private Consultation of Orthopaedic Surgery and Arthroscopic Surgery in Las Palmas (September 2002 - July 2013)• Physician Assistant Director of the Canary Institute of Orthopedics and Traumatology (ICOT) of Las Palmas (July 1996 - February 2002)• Partner of the Canarian Institute of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology (ICCOT) of Las Palmas (November 1992 - June 1996)• COT consultant and head of the two surgical units COT Service in San Roque Clinic in Las Palmas (November 1992 - June 1996)• COT consultant at the Queen Victoria Hospital in Las Palmas (October 1989 - November 1992)• Co-founder of the Canary Islands Institute of Orthopedics and Traumatology (ICOT) of Las Palmas (October 1989 - November 1992)• General Mutual Occupational Accidents in Las Palmas (November 1986 - September 1989)• Emergency orthopedist at Hospital Nuestra Señora del Pino (1986 - 1989)• Surgical Assistant Cupo INSALUD (1986 - 1989)• Specialization in Orthopaedic Surgery Service COT (October 1981-1986) ...
• Joint replacement surgery knee and hip• arthroscopic knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist, ankle and hip • Foot Surgery• Shoulder Surgery• Sports Traumatology• Treatment with platelet-rich plasma and stem cells from iliac crest ...
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery at the University of La Laguna in Tenerife (1975 - 1981)• Specialist in Orthopaedic Surgery (1996) • Doctor of Medicine from the University of Murcia (2016)• He has attended various courses on knee surgery, hip, shoulder, foot and ankle and arthroscopic knee surgery, hip and shoulder.• research aptitude for preparation of Doctoral Thesis (2002)• Experience in the application of Platelet Rich Plasma in Locomotor (2003 - present)• Prospective study on the quality of life in patients who underwent joint replacement surgery knee. Research Project at the University of Murcia to obtain the Doctoral Thesis.• Participating in the prospective study on the results of anterior knee pain in patients undergoing joint replacement surgery knee.• Participating in the prospective study on the quality of life in patients undergoing joint replacement surgery hip.• Researcher synovial problem as the cause of anterior knee pain.• Research on the effect of the application of autologous plasma rich platelet on musculoskeletal problems. ...
Publications and conferences
• Regular attendance to the annual meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
• active member of the Spanish Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (SECOT) (1991 - present)• Member of the Spanish Arthroscopy Association (AEA) (1989 - present) • Member of the Spanish Federation of Sports Medicine (FEMEDE) (1993 - present)• Member of the European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA) (1994 - present)• Founding member of the Spanish Society of external fixation (SEFEX) (1994 - present)• Associate Member of the Spanish Society for Surgery of the Hand (1995 - present)• Member of the International Society of Arthtroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS) (1998 - present)• Tenured member of the Spanish Society of Medicine and Surgery of the Foot (2001 - present)• International Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) (2002 - present)• Member of the Spanish Society of Knee (SEROD) (2003 - present) ...
*Translated with Google translator. We apologize for any imperfection
Patient reviews for dr. Juan José Nogales Hidalgo
Would you recommend this doctor?
All reviews are from verified patients booked through Top Doctors.
Sports medicine is a specialty that evaluates the aptitude for sport.
Growth factors are proteins of multiple types, as cells that manufacture, which empelan by its regenerative and anti-inflammatory capacity. In practic Growth factors are proteins of multiple types, as cells that manufacture, which empelan by its regenerative and anti-inflammatory capacity. In practice trauma Growth Factors platelet derived for preventing and treating injuries its wide action in cells of various tissues are applied. ...
Hip arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical technique that lets you view and work directly inside the joint with small incisions in the skin, les Hip arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical technique that lets you view and work directly inside the joint with small incisions in the skin, less than a centimeter each. This type of arthroscopy is indicated to diagnose certain problems of pain or blockage in the hip, for the extraction of intra-articular loose bodies, for breaks labrum (stabilizer cartilage of the femoral head) and the impingement (excess friction in the movements of the hip). The procedure is performed under general anesthesia and after its completion it is possible that the patient may feel discomfort, swelling and numbness in the pubis, for a few hours or days. ...
Hip pain are all annoying served on the hip or around it. It can be caused by a fracture, bone infection or joint pain or arthritis.
Hip dysplasia is a defect that occurs in the development thereof in the uterus during pregnancy. Includes changes in the femur or where it fits in the pelvis and can cause developmental problems. Early diagnosis is crucial to achieve a satisfactory evolution of the hip. Could delay early osteoarthritis. ...
Hip fracture is a break of the femur bone. The elderly and people with osteoporosis are at increased risk for this type of fracture fragile bones, for a minor injury or a fall can be enough to cause the injury. Instead, most hip fractures in people with normal bone are the result of heavy impacts (such as accidents). In general, the symptoms of hip fracture are unable to walk and intense pain when moving the affected limb lower, taking a shortened position and outward rotation. Treatment usually go through surgery, in which different types of techniques such as nails, plates and full or partial dentures are used. ...
Hip osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease of the cartilage that lines the union of the bones of the pelvis and femur. This fabric easy movement between the bones and prevents them from rubbing. When the cartilage thickness and texture decreases or disappears, the proper meshing between the femur and the pelvis is lost, resulting in hip osteoarthritis. The main indicator of this pathology is pain, which is mainly located in the region of the groin. Hip osteoarthritis is a chronic disease ( lifelong ) and, generally, tends to progress very slowly over the years. Treatment includes rehabilitation exercises, but in the most severe cases can opt for a surgical operation. ...
The hip prosthesis is a major surgical technique involves the replacement of degenerate artificial hip joint. The characteristics of the materials used in this type of prosthesis allow similar to human joint mobility. To manufacture these implants used: various metals such as stainless steel alloys, cobalt, chromium and titanium; plastic, usually polyethylene, a durable and wear-resistant material which is friction. The replacement of the hip prosthesis is indicated in cases of osteoarthritis in the joint or of rheumatoid arthritis. After surgery, patients need crutches for the next month. The prostheses have limited life due to wear of materials. ...
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease that affects the joints and cartilage. Osteoarthritis causes an inability but it is difficult to cause disability. As cartilage progresses and disappear pain occurs, the bone reacts growing on the sides and causing a deformation. ...
Pain is an unpleasant feeling of discomfort and physical suffering that develops in the central nervous system by an internal or external cause of the body. It can be sharp or dull, intermittent or constant, and can affect a particular part of the body or the board. Because pain is a symptom, it can help diagnose an illness or injury, because if a patient did not feel it, you would not realize that it has hurt or suffering from any disease. To relieve pain, different treatments, such as analgesics, acupuncture or surgery, depending on the cause are used. ...
- BOOK AN APPOINTMENT NOW
No atiende primeras citas
- First consultation: 100€
- Follow-up consultation: 100€
Health insurance accepted
- Private patients (without medical insurance)