Dr. Juan Carlos Ruíz de Adana Belbel
• More than 30 years of experience• Chief of Surgery Clinical Hospital of Getafe. Madrid. Expert in Obesity Surgery. • National Coordinator of the Section of Obesity Spanish Association of Surgeons and member of the Board of Directors of the Spanish Society of Obesity Surgery.• He has performed more than 700 laparoscopic procedures ( gastric bypass, gastric sleeve and tubular - adjustable gastric band ). ...
Positions in public associations
• Chief of Surgery Clinical Hospital of Getafe. Madrid. Expert in Obesity Surgery.
• He has participated in 60 courses as Professor of Surgery and has been a speaker / moderator at 34 round tables.• He has participated in 10 research projects and now runs the funded project ( Instituto Carlos III ) Role of insulin resistance in the vascular damage associated with obesity. • He has directed three doctoral theses and 4 courses - National Congress of Obesity Surgery. In other 18 was the organizing committee of the congress of the Spanish Association of Surgery, Spanish Society of Obesity Surgery and other scientific societies. ...
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery in the Univ. Granada. Honours Degree.• Ph.D. from the Univ. Bologna (Italy ). European Board of Surgery Qualification. • Specialist in General Surgery and Ap. Gastroenterology. Central Hospital of the Red Cross and Universitario de Getafe ( Madrid).• Training Centres ( abroad): Rizzoli Institute ( Bologna, Italy ), Mayo Clinic ( USA), National Cancer Center ( Tokyo ), Mount Sinai Hospital ( New York), and the Valley Bariatric Surgical ( Brake -California ) centers, Univ. Catholic Rome, June 9 Hospital ( Sao Paulo ), Advanced Surgery Belo Horizonte ( Brazil ) and the Gastric Band Institute of Dalton- Georgia ( USA). ...
Publications and conferences
• He has over 100 publications in books and journals of Surgery and 260 communications to national and international conferences.
Recognition and awards
• The year was 2010 Award for Best Practices and Innovation in the Community of Madrid for work Implantation and Development of a Comprehensive Multidisciplinary Unit Morbido Obese Patient Care.
*Translated with Google translator. We apologize for any imperfection
Patient reviews for dr. Juan Carlos Ruíz de Adana Belbel
Would you recommend this doctor?
All reviews are from verified patients booked through Top Doctors.
Bariatric surgery is a set of techniques and surgical procedures that help fight obesity and improve the health of the patient. Significantly, it is n Bariatric surgery is a set of techniques and surgical procedures that help fight obesity and improve the health of the patient. Significantly, it is not a cosmetic surgery and is not without risk, so the doctor must always advise the patient with the best type of treatment. ...
The adjustable gastric band is a silicone ring that is placed around the upper stomach to limit capacity. It is therefore a type of restrictive baráti The adjustable gastric band is a silicone ring that is placed around the upper stomach to limit capacity. It is therefore a type of restrictive barátirca surgery. With this transaction the limited amount of food and the speed with which they pass into the stomach, thus ensures that the patient can sate before and lose weight. It is a simple operation that is performed laparoscopically and is reversible. In these cases, in which must be removed gastric band, stomach generally returns to its natural form. Patients who undergo this procedure should have a BMI between 35 and 40 and commit to change their dietary habits and lifestyle to promote treatment success. ...
The gastric bypass or gastric bypass surgery is a technique of bariatric surgery is to reduce and restrict the absorption of food. These techniques a The gastric bypass or gastric bypass surgery is a technique of bariatric surgery is to reduce and restrict the absorption of food. These techniques are directed to the treatment of morbid obesity and is a mixed procedure that combines restrictive malabsorptive phases. The procedure is to reduce and restrict food absorption creating a small reservoir at the expense of lower stomach Curls separately from the rest of the stomach to prevent a deviation fistula more effect to the small intestine. Thus it is achieved early satiety. The technique also acts by hormonal effect in reducing Ghelina decreased and gastric inhibitory peptide. The process is done by open surgery (laparotomy) and endoscopically. ...
Hiatal hernia is a condition that occurs when a portion of the stomach rises into the chest, through an opening located in the diaphragm, the wall tha Hiatal hernia is a condition that occurs when a portion of the stomach rises into the chest, through an opening located in the diaphragm, the wall that separates the chest from the abdomen. When the stomach moves into the chest, said gap loses its function and gastroesophageal reflux occurs, ie, the stomach contents back into the esophagus and irritate. The symptoms caused by this condition may be burning in the chest or throat, hoarseness, hoarseness, asthma or respiratory problems. The symptoms worsen after eating, during sleep or flex the trunk. Treatment for hiatal hernia depends on its severity, and sometimes does not require any type of therapy. In mild cases, the purpose is to control symptoms that improve with dietary measures and postural changes such as raising the head of the bed. In severe cases you can opt for the operation of a hiatal hernia, which is usually performed with the technique of fundoplication (minimally invasive laparoscopy). ...
Obesity surgery, known as bariatric surgery, is the set of techniques to reduce the intake or food absorption capacity. Surgery is indicated for morbidly obese patients having a body mass index greater than 40kg / m2 or to those affected by severe obesity and associated diseases. Moreover, stomach surgery is performed through restrictive, malabsorptive or mixed media. The restrictive adjustable gastric banding (one ring placed around the entrance of the stomach which limits intake) gastrectomy (stomach reduction operation to remove 80 percent of its volume) and plicated tubular gastroplasty (included stomach operation that reduces the intake capacity by inward folding of the wall of the stomach itself). Malabsorptive techniques are duodenal (removal of much of the stomach joins the small intestine up to the duodenum to take half of it) and biliopancreatic diversion (halving junction of the stomach and small intestine). The combined procedure is the gastric bypass (leaving a small stomach and connected to the small intestine, using 60 percent of it). All these methods can be performed by open or laparoscopic surgery. ...
Obesity is a disease characterized by the presence of an excess of fat mass (fat) in the body and for weight gain, usually due to a disproportionate food intake. This condition is easily diagnosed by assessing the body mass index and overall constitution of the person. The sum of factors that cause this disease, typical of the XXI century, include a sedentary lifestyle, a poor dietary patterns, and genetic and environmental factors. On the other hand, obesity is often aggravated by a number of other associated diseases, such as diabetes, cholesterol, triglycerides and hypertension, in addition to incur certain social rejection and lead to psychological problems. Also among the population suffering from this disease, there is increased risk of cardiovascular events, particularly in patients with abdominal obesity (an indicator of insulin resistance). The treatment of obesity through the monitoring of the recommendations of endocrine and nutritionists, based on a good individualized dietary plan, and changes in daily routines, especially when it comes to exercise. It is also important to establish these guidelines from childhood to avoid the appearance of so-called childhood obesity. ...
- BOOK AN APPOINTMENT NOW
No atiende primeras citas
- First consultation:
- Follow-up consultation:
Health insurance accepted
- Private patients (without medical insurance)