Dr. Ismael Lastra Martínez
• More than 15 years of experience• Internal Medical Resident at the Hospital Clinico San Carlos Unviersitario, Chief of Service of Professor JJ Lopez-Ibor Alino. • Medical Director of Hospital Centre Padre Menni de Santander, where he is clinical and managerial work in the field of psychiatry for over ten years ( December 1995-August 2008 )• Optional Area Specialist in Psychiatric Hospitalization for Acute Unit of the University Hospital Marques de Valdecilla (August 1994/July to November 1995/August 2008-present)• Private practice in psychiatry in the city of Santander. ...
• Director of several doctoral theses• Senior and researcher in various clinical trials and studies • Teaching the Master in Emergency Medicine . Dir.:Prof. F. Martin Santos. Faculty of Medicine at the Complutense University of Madrid ( courses:1991-1992/1992-1993/1993-1994)• Course Coordinator Ph.D. Monografico Child Psychiatry . Dirs.:Prof. C. Carbonell Masia and Dr. I. Avellanosa. Faculty of Medicine at the Complutense University of Madrid ( year:1992/1993)• Teaching the course of doctoral monograph: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry . Dirs. Prof. Dr. C. Carbonell and I Avellanosa. Department of Psychiatry. School of Medicine. Complutense University of Madrid ( Course 1993-1994 )• Course Director Assessment of Neuropsychological Impairment (Recognition of Officiality by the Counseling Health, Consumption and Social Welfare Cantabria). Psychiatric hospital Nuestra Senora del Rosario. (Santander, June 1996 )• Course Director Update on Psicogeriatria (Recognition of Officiality by the Counseling Health, Consumption and Social Welfare Cantabria). Father Menni Hospital Center (Santander, May 1997 )• Teaching Module Psicogeriatria . Subdirectorate Regional Mental Health. Health Service of the Principality of Asturias ( Oviedo, November and December 1997 )• Teaching Doctorate Course Child and Adolescent Psychiatry . University of Oviedo ( May 1998 )• Course Director Psicogeriatria for Psychiatry and Clinical Assistants . (Recognition of Officiality by the Counseling Health, Consumption and Social Welfare Cantabria). Father Menni Hospital Center. Santander, January-June 1998-99)• Member of the Scientific Committee and Reporter of the course Methodology of research in psychiatry and mental health:dementia . PhD course at the University of Deusto. Recognition of scientific interest health by the Department of Health of the Basque Government. University of Deusto (Bilbao, April 1998 )• Director of Course Psychiatry and the Law. Two obliged to understand disciplines. ( Forensic Psychiatric Intensive course ) . (Recognition of Officiality by the Counseling Health, Consumption and Social Welfare Cantabria). Father Menni Hospital Center (Santander, May 1998 )• Member of the Organizing Committee of the Third Conference ENMESH: Multiple perspectives on outcome (Santander, May 1998 )• Teaching of Basic Training Course for monitors social and labor rehabilitation of persons with mental disorders. Organized by the General Directorate of Mental Health. (Santander, September-December 1998 )• Teaching the Course on intervention in Psicogeriatria . Organized by the General Directorate of Mental Health. ecognition of Officiality by Health Counseling, Consumer Affairs and Social Welfare, Government of Cantabria ( Santander, November 1998 )• Director of Course of psychosocial rehabilitation . Recognition Officiality by Health Counseling, Consumer Affairs and Social Services Government of Cantabria. (Santander, May-June 2001 ).• Professor of the course The psychosis today. Summer courses at the University of Cantabria. (Laredo, August 2001 )• Teaching Course:Techniques in crisis intervention in people with mental illness. Emergency Geriatricas. ( CEARC, Santander, June 2002 )• Teaching the course Effective interventions in psychosocial rehabilitation and new perspectives . Recognition Officiality by Health Counseling, Consumer Affairs and Social Services Government of Cantabria. (Santander, July 2003 )• Teaching the course interventions with people with severe mental disorders. UNED Cantabria, with presentations: Needs and healthcare resources in people with severe mental illness and Schizophrenia and other severe and/or long-lasting mental disorders. (Santander, July 2005 )• Assistant Professor in the subject of Psychiatry and Social Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Cantabria ( 1996-present ) ...
Publications and conferences
• Lastra I., J.C. Gonzalez-Seijo and Y.M. Ramos:self-induced water intoxication in psychotic patients:Apropos of a case. XV National Meeting of the Spanish Society of Biological Psychiatry (Cordoba, 1990)• Lastra I., J.C. Gonzalez-Seijo and Y.M. Ramos:clinical profile of psychiatric involun¬tarios income. I Congress of the Spanish Society of Psychiatric Epidemiology (Palma, 1991) • J. L God, J. C. Gonzalez-Seijo, I. Lastra and Y.M. Ramos:Evolution of diagnosis in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. I Congress of the Spanish Society of Psychiatric Epidemiology (Palma, 1991)• I. Lastra, Y.M. Ramos and J. C. Gonzalez-Seijo:social threat and compulsory admission. Regional Symposium of the World Association for Social Psychiatry (Badajoz, 1991)• Y.M. Ramos, I. and J. C. Lastra Gonzalez-Seijo:TEC:Utiliza¬cion in Psiquia¬trica Unit of a General Hospital. III National Congress of the Spanish Society of Biological Psychiatry (Pamplona, June 1992 )• J. C. Gonzalez-Seijo, J. L. God, Y.M. Ramos and I. Lastra¬:Descriptive Es¬tu¬dio of the autolytic attempts attended at a Center for Child and Adolescent Mental Health. III National Congress of the Spanish Society of Biological Psychiatry (Pamplona, June 1992 )• I. Lastra, M.J. Martinez-Chamorro, Y.M. Ramos, J. L. God, J. C. Gonzalez-Seijo and L.A. Lastra:child and adolescent psychiatric pathology. Descriptive study. VI Meeting of the Section of Pediatric Outpatient ASP ( Santiago de Compostela, October 1992 )• J. L. Ayuso, I. Lastra, F. Montanes and J. C. Gonzalez-Seijo:Study of HIV-infected patients Requiring psychiatric hospitali¬zation. Sixth European Congress. Association of European Psychiatrists (Barcelona, November 1992 )• J. C. Gonzalez-Seijo, I. Lastra, Y.M. Ramos and C. Carbonell:Epidemiology of suicide in Spain. VI Congress of the Federation of Psychiatric Epidemiology Interna¬tional. (Lisbon, April 1993 )• Lastra I., J.C. Gonzalez-Seijo, Y.M. Ramos, J. L. God:Clinical study of psychosis in adolescence. VII National Congress of the Spanish Society of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (Madrid, June 1994 )• J. L. Ayuso, F. Montanes, I. Lastra, S. Plaza, J. Picazo de la Garza:HIV seroprevalence in Acute Psychiatric Unit to AIDS \' Impact.. Second International Conference ( Brighton, UK, July 1994 )• J. L. Ayuso, F. Montanes, I. Lastra, S. Plaza, J. Picazo de la Garza:anonymous HIV seroprevalence in Brief Psychiatric Hospitalization Unit. III National Congress on AIDS (La Coruna, March 1995 )• I. Lastra, Y.M. Ramos, J. C. Gonzalez-Seijo, A. L. Trave, J. L. Ayuso-Gutierrez:physical illness and depression in the elderly. International Congress of Mental Health. Approach to Mental Disorder Healthcare Severo (Barcelona, March 1996 )• I. Lastra, J.L. Ayuso-Mateos, F. Montanes. Does the routine serological determination of HIV is required in hospitalized psychiatric patient ?. International Congress of Mental Health. Assistive approach of Severe Mental Illness. (Barcelona, March 19969• I. Lastra, Y.M. Ramos, J. C. Gonzalez-Seijo, A. L. Trave, J. L. Ayuso. Late onset depression risk factors. X World Congress of Psychiatry (Madrid, August 1996 )• I. Lastra, S. Herrera, J.M. Baraibar, I. Santacoloma, P. Arambarri, E. Higuera, JL Vazquez-Barquero. Evaluation and classification of disability in schizophrenia. International Congress Psycho . (Palencia, April 1997 )• I. Lastra, M. Uriarte, J. M. Baraibar, M. Perez, E. Vazquez-Bourgon, J. L. Vazquez-Barquero and Cantabria Disability Group. Evaluation of Mental Health disabilities. The WHO-DAS II. III National Congress of Psychiatry. (Girona-Platja d\' Aro, October 1998 )• MJ Martinez-Chamorro, I. Lastra, C. Luzuriaga. Anxious-depressive symptomatology in children and adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus IV National Congress of Psychiatry (Oviedo, October-November 1999 )• I. Lastra, M. Arrieta, R. Bengochea, D. Gil. Therapeutic approach to the person with mental illness in the community. Conference Reinventing psychiatric assistance. University of Deusto, December, 2000.• Publication:Lastra I, Ramos YM, Gonzalez-Seijo JC:hydric in a psychiatric sick Poisoning. Clinical Medicine 1992;98:36-37• Publication:Gonzalez-Seijo JC, Lastra I, RAMOS YM:parasitic Delirium:A revision based on new cases. Luso-Espanolas Proceedings of Neurology, Psychiatry and Allied Sciences 1993;21:56-62• Publication:Gonzalez-Seijo, Ramos YM, Lastra I:Ginseng induced manic episode. Annals of Psychiatry 1993; 9 (5):226-228• Publication:Vazquez-Barquero JL, Lastra I, Cuesta MJ Nunez, Castaneda Herrera S, Gaite L, Pardo G:study of first episodes of schizophrenia Cantabria:psychopathology of the early stages of schizophrenia Analysis. Biological Psychiatry 1995; 2 (4):138-150.• Publication:Lastra I, Gonzales-Seijo JC, Ramos YM, Martinez-Chamorro MJ, Avellanosa I, De Dios JL. Liaison Psychiatry Pediatrics. Spanish Journal of Pediatrics 1996; 52:427-433.• Publication:Grubo Cantabria Disabilities. The international family of WHO classifications ( WHO-FIC ):A new vision. Medical Papers (ISSN 1133-7591 ) 2001; 10:136-143.• Publication:R Bengochea, D Gil, M Arrieta, I Lastra, R Sanchez, A Alvarez, Diego M, R Prat. Incidence of personality disorders in schizophrenia:relationship with clinical and sociodemographic variables. Annals of Psychiatry. 2008:24 (6):242-248.• Author of several books and chapters of books and publications in international journals ...
• Member of the Commission of Inquiry of the Institute of Psychiatric Research. Fundacion MJ Recio. (1996-2008)• Member of the Board of the journal Psychiatric Information (1996-2008) • Member of the Advisory Council of the Psychosocial Rehabilitation Journal. Official Publication of the Spanish Federation of Associations of Psychosocial Rehabilitation• Member of the Spanish Society of Biological Psychiatry• Member of the Spanish Association of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry• Permanent Member of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Cantabria Member ( May 2002 ) ...
*Translated with Google translator. We apologize for any imperfection
Patient reviews for dr. Ismael Lastra Martínez
Would you recommend this doctor?
All reviews are from verified patients booked through Top Doctors.
There is talk of anxiety disorder when the reaction alert a person to a situation or event promptly stressful is disproportionate, excessive and persi There is talk of anxiety disorder when the reaction alert a person to a situation or event promptly stressful is disproportionate, excessive and persistent intensity over time, or when the reaction is triggered in situations that are only perceived as threatening by the person suffering from this disorder. Treatment for anxiety is mainly based on psychotherapy but the duration depends on each patient. The most common anxiety disorders and their symptoms are: generalized anxiety disorder, a permanent state of chronic stress on the subject suffers from excessive worry and nervousness even without apparent cause;the phobic disorder that causes the person an irrational and persistent fear of an object, activity or specific situation, causing their avoidance (eg, fear of flying );anxiety attack, recurrent crises of fear without any direct cause spontaneously, causing extreme anxiety with symptoms like palpitations, feeling of choking, trembling&hellip ;; obsessive-compulsive disorder, which are irrational ideas and actions that the patient can not fail to have or do to avoid suffering anxiety (eg, washing hands frequently with extreme fear of catching something);disorder and post-traumatic stress reactions, acute or post-traumatic stress, characterized by persistent memories, an emotional state of exaggerated surveillance and general reduction of interest in daily activities. ...
Bipolar disorder is a mood disorder in which you go from joy to sadness quickly and unpredictably. It is manifested in states of mania and, in severe Bipolar disorder is a mood disorder in which you go from joy to sadness quickly and unpredictably. It is manifested in states of mania and, in severe cases, depression. The treatment of bipolar disorder begins with the awareness of the problem and the knowledge of the same by the affected and their families through psychological therapies. There is also drug treatment, especially during phases of imbalance, where it is recommended to take benzodiazepines, antipsychotics and mood stabilizers. If the patient requires it, you can ingest antidepressants. ...
Under the concept of conduct disorder a set of behavioral changes and behavioral development appropriate to the child's age, persistently and wit Under the concept of conduct disorder a set of behavioral changes and behavioral development appropriate to the child's age, persistently and with a disproportionate amount are included. Among the most common symptoms of these disorders are disobedience, impulsiveness, inattention, hostility, lies and insults, transgression of social norms, or antisocial character. Among the most common behavioral disorders in children are distinguished: the conduct disorder, a persistent and repeatedly aggressive behavior in which the child acts with hostility to others or their property, intimidating; and hyperkinetic disorders characterized by an early onset, in which predominates a considerable lack of attention in all activities, and a hyperactive, impulsive and undisciplined behavior. In addition, behavioral disorders associated with ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), learning problems and clinical disorders (depression, anxiety ...) are presented. ...
Depression is a mood disorder characterized mainly by prolonged and severe feelings of sadness associated with other symptoms and abnormal thinki Depression is a mood disorder characterized mainly by prolonged and severe feelings of sadness associated with other symptoms and abnormal thinking and behavior, such as over-pessimistic ideas, lack of energy, sleep disturbance and appetite, or decreased interest and activity level. To distinguish a depressive disorder every passing state of sadness, the diagnosis of a psychiatrist is needed. There are several types of depressive disorders, by cause: endogenous depression, triggered by genetic or biological factors (hormonal changes or neurotransmitters that transmit nerve impulses in the brain); reactive depression generated by poor adaptation to external circumstances and environmental factors of strong emotional impact; minor depression or dysthymia, which are presented only some less intense symptoms normally associated with personality disorders and prolonged stress; or depression "masked", manifested by organic and functional disorders (somatization) and cardiovascular disorders, dizziness ... The therapist indicates what is the best treatment for each person, but basically will focus on psychotherapy sessions. ...
There is talk of personality disorder when the behavior, thoughts and emotions that make up the lifestyle of a person have a prolonged deviation in time with respect to personality patterns considered "healthy" within a field or stage. This type of psychiatric disorders come to interfere in the daily life of the person who suffers social adjustment problems, so its capacity for interaction and coexistence is complicated and can even cause social isolation. Therefore, the treatment of personality disorders requires tackled personalized counseling. Depending on the degree of variation of the structure of thought and the inappropriate behavior of these patients have been described different types of personality disorder: histrionic, the people who always want to be the focus and act dramatically and superficial; narcissist, arrogant typical subjects who believe omnipotent; limit or borderline, a pattern of impulsive, unstable and prone to self-injury character; antisocial, the subjects who act ruthlessly violent and evil; paranoid, which involves excessive distrust throughout; schizoid, typical of solitary and indifferent to people's feelings; obsessive, perfectionist or scrupulous the subject; avoidant, which implies avoidance of situations anxiety; or dependent, typical of undecided people and lack of self-esteem. ...
Stress is a state of physical and emotional stress caused in response to a stimulus or pressure, either positive or negative. It is a state of defense, in small doses, helps the body to react and adapt to events. Thus, a normal level of stress is considered healthy and even positive as it helps to encourage people to act to stimuli of daily life. However, when stress is excessive or not adequately controlled, it can cause mental wear, such as irritability and anxiety, and psychosomatic disorders. A psychosomatic disorder is a physiological disease caused by emotional causes, usually by stress. Some of the most common psychosomatic disorders caused by stress are headaches, insomnia, muscle tension, digestive and heart problems, dizziness ... ...
- BOOK AN APPOINTMENT NOW
No atiende primeras citas
- First consultation: 80€
- Follow-up consultation: 80€
Health insurance accepted
- Private patients (without medical insurance)