Dr. Eugenio García Almagro
• More than 15 years of experience• Trauma specialist CMQR in Reus, Tarragona (today) • Trauma Specialist Medical Centre in Reus (today)• Traumatology Specialist at the Centre Mèdic The Pósit of Tarragona (today)• Head of Children's Orthopedic Service unit Orthopaedic Surgery University Hospital Sant Joan de Reus (2003-present)• Assistant physician of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology Hospital Universitari Sant Joan de Reus (1994-present)• Medical Consultant Orthopaedic Surgery for mutuals, industrial accidents and accidents in the Hospital Universitari Sant Joan de Reus (1994-2006)• Replacing square Surgical Assistant Trauma Cupo in the Ambulatory Sant Pere de Reus (1993)• Deputy Medical guards at the Regional Hospital of Vilafranca del Penedes (1993)• Specialist in Orthopaedic Surgery at the Center for Infantile Paralysis dependent ICASS, Tarragona (1993)• Regional Headquarters responsible for the Olympic Reus during the Barcelona Olympics Medical (1992)• Replacing square Cupo Surgical Assistant Trauma at the Catalan Institute of Health, in the outpatient Sant Pere de Reus (1991)• Substitution position of Chief of Surgical Trauma Capacity at the Catalan Institute of Health, in the ambulatory of Sant Pere de Reus (1990)• MIR in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology Hospital Universitari Sant Joan de Reus (1988-1993) ...
Positions in public associations
• Member of the Medical Board of the University Hospital Sant Joan de Reus as a representative chosen by voting Attachments (2013-present)• Member of the Commission of Pharmacy University Hospital Sant Joan de Reus (2009-present) • Member of the Commission for improving special tests Hospital Universitari Sant Joan de Reus appointed by the Director of the Centre• Member of the Commission Mortality University Hospital Sant Joan de Reus ...
• Tutor training residents of Orthopedic Surgery at Universitari Sant Joan Reus (2011-present) Hospital• Associate Professor at the Faculty of Medical Sciences i de la Salut at the Universitat Rovira i Virgili (2003-present) • Professor in the Masters in Clinical Biomechanics of the Musculoskeletal the Universitat Rovira i Virgili Bienni (2003-2005)• 2nd Master Teacher valuation bodily harm. EDAL of the Rovira i Virgili University (1998-1999)• Professor in the 2nd Master valuation bodily harm. EDAL of the Rovira i Virgili University (1996)• Professor in the doctoral course entitled "Low Back Pain" with the theme "Clinical mixed bouquet". Reus (1995)• Professor in the Doctorate Course organized by the COT Service Hospital Sant Joan de Reus, "Low back pain, new treatment techniques" with the theme "column Escola" (1993)• Professor in various courses ...
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Barcelona (1986)• DEXEUS stay in the clinic, ICATME (Catalan Institute for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine) Foundation headed by Dr. Vilarrubias (1992) • PhD courses with the qualification of Substitute (1992-1993)• Stay at the Royal National Orthopaedics Hospital, Stanmore, London. Under the supervision of Prof. George Bentley (1993)• Trauma specialist from the University of Barcelona (2003)• Doctoral Thesis registered with the Rovira i Virgili University with the title: "The relationship between the presence of different orientation between the facet joints of the lumbar spine and the appearance of disc herniation"• Member of the research group Traiber for the development and improvement in total hip prosthesis APSIS type and total knee prosthesis type EXCEL. ...
Publications and conferences
• He has attended over 100 courses and conferences in Spain and abroad• He has made more than 70 presentations at national and international conferences • "Surgical treatment of low back pain" journal Integrative Medicine Volume 16 No. 10, p.91-105. Almagro García, E. (December 1990)• "Clinical patient with back pain Rating" Monograph: acute and chronic pain. Therapeutic approaches. Editorial Martgraf, SA, p 107-113. Almagro Garcia, E. (1990)• "Femur fractures in hip arthroplasty. Reconstruction by nailing "Advances in Orthopedics, 26/4. Pp 233 to 237. Almagro Garcia, E. (1996)• "Medial tibial rotational osteotomy of patellar instability secondary to lateral tibial torsion" International Orthopaedics (SICOT) 20: 153-158. Almagro Garcia, E. (1996)• "Ankle Injuries" Assessment of bodily harm in the musculoskeletal system. RC Miralles. Ed. Masson. Almagro García, E.• "Intramuscular myxoma. About three cases "in the Mexican Orthopedic Act 28 (4): 244-247. Coloma J, García E, A. Rodriguez (August 2014) ...
Recognition and awards
• Grant from the Catalan Society of Orthopaedic Cirurgia (SECCOT) to expand graduate studies abroad during 1992-1993 for the Improvement Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery with Prof. Dr. Bentley at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Stammore , London• Grant awarded for continuing medical education, by agreement between the Official College of Physicians of Tarragona and the Hospital Sant Joan de Reus (1992-1993) • Kalifarma first award in the XXIX Congress SECOT the paper: "external tibial epiphyseal twist on the lamb. Experimental study ". Granada (October 1992) ...
• Member of the National Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology• Member of the Spanish Society of Hip Surgery • Member of the Spanish Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology Children• Member of the Catalan Society of Orthopaedic and Traumatology Cirurgia• Member of the European Orthopaedic Society and Traumatologic• Member of the Club of pediatric orthopedics belonging to Hospital Sant Joan de Deu de Barcelona• L'member of Academy of Medical Sciences of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands• Member of the Organizing Committee of the 6th Congress of the Catalan Society of Orthopaedic Surgery in voice quality. Reus (1996)• Member of the Organizing Committee of the XXXIII Day of Orthopädie i Serveis Traumatologia dels Hospitals Comarcals de Catalunya in voice quality. Montbrió del Camp (2007) ...
*Translated with Google translator. We apologize for any imperfection
Patient reviews for dr. Eugenio García Almagro
Would you recommend this doctor?
All reviews are from verified patients booked through Top Doctors.
Hip osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease of the cartilage that lines the union of the bones of the pelvis and femur. This fabric easy movement bet Hip osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease of the cartilage that lines the union of the bones of the pelvis and femur. This fabric easy movement between the bones and prevents them from rubbing. When the cartilage thickness and texture decreases or disappears, the proper meshing between the femur and the pelvis is lost, resulting in hip osteoarthritis. The main indicator of this pathology is pain, which is mainly located in the region of the groin. Hip osteoarthritis is a chronic disease ( lifelong ) and, generally, tends to progress very slowly over the years. Treatment includes rehabilitation exercises, but in the most severe cases can opt for a surgical operation. ...
The hip prosthesis is a major surgical technique involves the replacement of degenerate artificial hip joint. The characteristics of the materials us The hip prosthesis is a major surgical technique involves the replacement of degenerate artificial hip joint. The characteristics of the materials used in this type of prosthesis allow similar to human joint mobility. To manufacture these implants used: various metals such as stainless steel alloys, cobalt, chromium and titanium; plastic, usually polyethylene, a durable and wear-resistant material which is friction. The replacement of the hip prosthesis is indicated in cases of osteoarthritis in the joint or of rheumatoid arthritis. After surgery, patients need crutches for the next month. The prostheses have limited life due to wear of materials. ...
Arthroscopic knee surgery is a minimally invasive surgical technique for accessing the interior of the joint through small holes in the skin. Through Arthroscopic knee surgery is a minimally invasive surgical technique for accessing the interior of the joint through small holes in the skin. Through a small caliber lens inside the knee is observed and treat various injuries without opening. Arthroscopic knee surgery is used to remove or repair torn meniscus cartilage to anterior cruciate ligament injuries broken, cut broken pieces of articular cartilage, remove loose fragments of bone or cartilage or remove inflamed synovial tissue. Recovery from knee arthroscopy is much faster than traditional surgery. Then the patient must regularly exercise his knee for several weeks. ...
Knee osteoarthritis is the wear of the cartilage lining the joint bones ( femur, tibia, fibula and patella ). It is part of the skeleton suffering ost Knee osteoarthritis is the wear of the cartilage lining the joint bones ( femur, tibia, fibula and patella ). It is part of the skeleton suffering osteoarthritis more often because it supports your weight and the weight of the items we carry when we stand or when we travel. The cartilage serve to prevent rubbing of the bones in the knee movements, providing slip and cushioning the blows. The wear over the years and aging of cartilage is what causes osteoarthritis. The main symptom of patients with knee osteoarthritis is pain. The treatment includes a rehabilitation exercise program and a series of pharmacological treatments that help to alleviate symptoms of the disease. Furthermore, in obese patients is necessary to follow a diet to lose weight. ...
The knee prosthesis is the replacement of the joint by a plastic part by surgery, is indicated where the joint is seriously damaged by osteoarthritis. The knee prosthesis is indicated when the degree of deterioration of the knee and the pain that generates prevent the patient walk. Such implants are reproductions of the bones forming the knee, made of various metals and plastics favoring flexion and extension of the joint. Allergy to metal alloys patients there titanium knee prosthesis. Usually, the patient who has been implanted with a knee prosthesis can be incorporated to work within three to six months. ...
The pediatric orthopedics is a specialty of orthopedic and trauma surgery which is responsible for injuries and musculoskeletal disorders of children and adolescents. Also called child childhood trauma or orthopedic surgery. Covering all subspecialties that have adult orthopedics, but professionals who are dedicated to this discipline have specific training in congenital or acquired in children and adolescents orthopedic problems, since the lesions change and the body responds differently according to age patient. It is precisely in the infant stages when the muscles and bones are in continuous growth and development. Therefore, orthopedic principles state that is essential to detect and early diagnosis of any orthopedic condition for proper treatment. ...
Hip pain are all annoying served on the hip or around it. It can be caused by a fracture, bone infection or joint pain or arthritis.
Knee fracture is a break or failure of one of the bones that make up the joint (femur, tibia, fibula and patella). Usually, these bones are injured by falls, traffic accidents, injuries in contact sports and exercise, shock and other injuries. Symptoms of knee fracture are pain, swelling, limited range of motion, deformed leg and inability to walk, among others. Treating knee fracture depends on fractured bone and the type of fracture. If parts of the bones are properly aligned, perhaps it is enough to placing a splint or cast to the knee. However, if the patella is affected, you could specify an operation. Therefore, the recovery of the injury depends on the fractured bone, fracture type, treatment and evolution. ...
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease that affects the joints and cartilage. Osteoarthritis causes an inability but it is difficult to cause disability. As cartilage progresses and disappear pain occurs, the bone reacts growing on the sides and causing a deformation. ...
Pain is an unpleasant feeling of discomfort and physical suffering that develops in the central nervous system by an internal or external cause of the body. It can be sharp or dull, intermittent or constant, and can affect a particular part of the body or the board. Because pain is a symptom, it can help diagnose an illness or injury, because if a patient did not feel it, you would not realize that it has hurt or suffering from any disease. To relieve pain, different treatments, such as analgesics, acupuncture or surgery, depending on the cause are used. ...
Pediatric Trauma is a part of the Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology in charge of musculoskeletal disorders of children and adolescents. Child Trauma specialists have specific training in orthopedic and trauma problems that affect children. The most common ailments are: hip pathologies, postural abnormalities, foot diseases, neuromuscular diseases, diseases of the newborn and infant and fractures with its aftermath. ...
Sports traumatology deals with the study and treatment of injuries sustained in sports. These can occur violently, overuse or defects training, technical deficiencies, misuse of clothing, lack of fitness, among other causes. It addresses a sports orthopedic lesions characteristic of certain sports for its predisposing factors and typical forms of presentation. The correct treatment in sports traumatology is based on the preparation of a history of each player that includes both family history and personal health, and history of injury or surgery and orthopedic aspects. These data must be added those obtained by conducting a review of admission that values sport postural aspects, skeletal muscle, joints, ligamentous, fitness, etc. and risk factors for the appearance of lesions depending on the sport. ...
- BOOK AN APPOINTMENT NOW
No atiende primeras citas
- First consultation:
- Follow-up consultation:
Health insurance accepted
- Private patients (without medical insurance)
- Seguros de reembolso
- Adeslas SegurCaixa
- Aegon Sanitaria
- Agrupació Mútua
- Antares (Grupo Telefonica)
- Asefa Salud
- Asistencia Sanitaria Colegial
- Avant Salud
- Caser (Salud)
- Catalana Occidente
- Cigna Salud
- Direct Seguros
- Divina Pastora
- DKV Seguros
- Generali Seguros
- Mapfre Caja Salud
- Mútua General de Catalunya
- Mutua Madrileña
- Mutua Universal
- Pelayo Seguros
- Plus Ultra Seguros
- Santa Lucía
- Sersanet Seguros
- Axa Winterthur Salud