Dr. Enric Castellet Feliu
• More than 30 years of experience• Internal Medical Resident for opposition in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology at the Vall d' Hebron Hospital in Barcelona (1984-1989 ). • Physicians by opposition deputy in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology at the Vall d' Hebron Hospital in Barcelona (1990-2007 ).• Accreditation as Tutor training physicians in the specialty of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (2001 ).• Member of the optional body COT Creu Blanca Barcelona.• Unit Chief of Knee Service Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology at the Vall d' Hebron Hospital in Barcelona (2007 to present). ...
Positions in public associations
• Osteoarthritis Group Coordinator Director of Pla de l' Malalties Reumatiques i Aparell Locomotor the Department of Health of the Generalitat de Catalunya.
• A graduate of the University of Barcelona (1982 ) with Bachelor degree Excellent.• PhD from the Autonomous University of Barcelona grade Excellent Cum Laude.
Publications and conferences
• Organizing Member of 14 specialty courses TOC.• Member of the Commission by choice Teaching Hospital Universitario Vall d' Hebron (2005-2012 ). • Reviewer of the Spanish Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology SECOT.• 200 papers in National Conferences.• 65 Presentations at National Conferences.• 15 Presentations at International Conferences.• 50 scientific publications in national and international journals. ...
• Member of the Academy of Ciencies Mediqeus de Catalunya i Balears.• Member of the Catalan Society of Orthopaedic Cirurgia i Traumatology ( SCCOT ). • Member of the Spanish Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology ( SECOT ).• Chairman of Venous Thromboembolism Study the Spanish Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology ( SECOT ) 2009-2011.• Member of the Spanish Knee Society ( SEROD ).• Member of the Spanish Association Artroscoia (AEA ).• Member of the European Society of Sports Traumatology Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy ( ESSKA ).• Member of the European Knee Associates ( EKA ).• Vocal by election of the Board of Directors of the Spanish Knee Society ( SEROD ) ( 2009-2011).• Treasurer for election of the Board of Directors of the Spanish Knee Society ( SEROD ) (2011 to present). ...
*Translated with Google translator. We apologize for any imperfection
Patient reviews for dr. Enric Castellet Feliu
Would you recommend this doctor?
All reviews are from verified patients booked through Top Doctors.
The anterior cruciate ligament is one of the major ligaments of the knee, which passes between the femur and tibia obliquely. Its function is to provi The anterior cruciate ligament is one of the major ligaments of the knee, which passes between the femur and tibia obliquely. Its function is to provide stability to the knee, keeping the leg is moved forward with respect to the thigh. Of the four major ligaments of the knee, the anterior cruciate ligament is the one most commonly injured, especially when a sudden change occurs in the direction of the knee. The most common injuries are torn anterior cruciate ligament and partial tear of the anterior cruciate ligament. Symptoms include pain, inability to walk or stand for long periods, or up and down stairs. For the treatment of both lesions can opt for surgery by arthroscopy or conservative treatment based on rehabilitation to strengthen the muscles. ...
Arthroscopic knee surgery is a minimally invasive surgical technique for accessing the interior of the joint through small holes in the skin. Through Arthroscopic knee surgery is a minimally invasive surgical technique for accessing the interior of the joint through small holes in the skin. Through a small caliber lens inside the knee is observed and treat various injuries without opening. Arthroscopic knee surgery is used to remove or repair torn meniscus cartilage to anterior cruciate ligament injuries broken, cut broken pieces of articular cartilage, remove loose fragments of bone or cartilage or remove inflamed synovial tissue. Recovery from knee arthroscopy is much faster than traditional surgery. Then the patient must regularly exercise his knee for several weeks. ...
Knee osteoarthritis is the wear of the cartilage lining the joint bones ( femur, tibia, fibula and patella ). It is part of the skeleton suffering ost Knee osteoarthritis is the wear of the cartilage lining the joint bones ( femur, tibia, fibula and patella ). It is part of the skeleton suffering osteoarthritis more often because it supports your weight and the weight of the items we carry when we stand or when we travel. The cartilage serve to prevent rubbing of the bones in the knee movements, providing slip and cushioning the blows. The wear over the years and aging of cartilage is what causes osteoarthritis. The main symptom of patients with knee osteoarthritis is pain. The treatment includes a rehabilitation exercise program and a series of pharmacological treatments that help to alleviate symptoms of the disease. Furthermore, in obese patients is necessary to follow a diet to lose weight. ...
The knee prosthesis is the replacement of the joint by a plastic part by surgery, is indicated where the joint is seriously damaged by osteoarthritis. The knee prosthesis is the replacement of the joint by a plastic part by surgery, is indicated where the joint is seriously damaged by osteoarthritis. The knee prosthesis is indicated when the degree of deterioration of the knee and the pain that generates prevent the patient walk. Such implants are reproductions of the bones forming the knee, made of various metals and plastics favoring flexion and extension of the joint. Allergy to metal alloys patients there titanium knee prosthesis. Usually, the patient who has been implanted with a knee prosthesis can be incorporated to work within three to six months. ...
The menisci are cartilage located within the knee, both on the inside (medial meniscus) and outer (lateral meniscus), which dampen the shock between the femur and the tibia. The menisci of the knee are the most damaged structures to be hit in that area, especially in sports like soccer. In fact, the medial meniscus is more prone to injury than the lateral meniscus, and which is connected to medial collateral ligament and the joint capsule, so that it is less mobile. Treatment of a meniscus injury as broken medial meniscus may involve surgery, depending on the patient. In case of surgery, only the damaged part of the meniscus is cut by arthroscopy. ...
Patellar tendinitis is inflammation of the tendon that connects the kneecap to the tibia. It is located in the front of the knee, just below the kneecap, and intervenes in the movements of knee extension. This tendon can become inflamed and cause pain in the performance of certain activities involving overexertion and repetitive minor trauma. The main symptom of this type of tendinitis of the knee is pain that increases when the tendon force (usually with running, jumping or climbing stairs), and in the most severe cases, can hurt even when walking. The treatment of patellar tendinitis is rest, anti-inflammatories, local application of cold and rehabilitation exercises of the quadriceps muscles. If the above measures no improvement is obtained infiltrations may be required and only sometimes opt for surgery. ...
Knee fracture is a break or failure of one of the bones that make up the joint (femur, tibia, fibula and patella). Usually, these bones are injured by falls, traffic accidents, injuries in contact sports and exercise, shock and other injuries. Symptoms of knee fracture are pain, swelling, limited range of motion, deformed leg and inability to walk, among others. Treating knee fracture depends on fractured bone and the type of fracture. If parts of the bones are properly aligned, perhaps it is enough to placing a splint or cast to the knee. However, if the patella is affected, you could specify an operation. Therefore, the recovery of the injury depends on the fractured bone, fracture type, treatment and evolution. ...
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease that affects the joints and cartilage. Osteoarthritis causes an inability but it is difficult to cause disability. As cartilage progresses and disappear pain occurs, the bone reacts growing on the sides and causing a deformation. ...
Sports traumatology deals with the study and treatment of injuries sustained in sports. These can occur violently, overuse or defects training, technical deficiencies, misuse of clothing, lack of fitness, among other causes. It addresses a sports orthopedic lesions characteristic of certain sports for its predisposing factors and typical forms of presentation. The correct treatment in sports traumatology is based on the preparation of a history of each player that includes both family history and personal health, and history of injury or surgery and orthopedic aspects. These data must be added those obtained by conducting a review of admission that values sport postural aspects, skeletal muscle, joints, ligamentous, fitness, etc. and risk factors for the appearance of lesions depending on the sport. ...
Sport surgery is a specialty that is generated after injuries sports.
- BOOK AN APPOINTMENT NOW
No atiende primeras citas
- First consultation:
- Follow-up consultation:
Health insurance accepted
- Private patients (without medical insurance)
- Asistencia Sanitaria Colegial