Dra. Elena Portugal Iglesias
• More than 15 years of experience• Specialist in dentistry and stomatology Dental Clinic Dr. Rojo (currently) • Orthodontist contributor exclusive Clinic Dr. Andreu Puigdollers Orthodontics (2011-2014)• Orthodontist Dental Clinic collaborator in Santa Eugenia, Girona (2011-present)• Dental Clinic collaborator orthodontist Mar, Barcelona (2011-present)• Orthodontist in ASODENT contributor, Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona Clinic (2011-present)• Resident orthodontist in the Master of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, International University of Catalonia, Barcelona (2008-2011)• General dentist in the National Health Service (NHS) in ADP Dental Practice, Durham, England (2007-2008)• General Dentist (NHS) in Fen House Dental Practice, Spalding, Lincolnshire, England (2006-2007)• General Dentist (NHS) in Oasis Dental Care, Boston, Lincolnshire, England (2005-2006)• General dentist in Clinical Diana, Merida, Badajoz (2004-2005)• General Dentist Dental White, Casar de Cáceres, Cáceres (2003-2005) ...
• Associate professor in the Department of Orthodontics at the International University of Catalonia (2012-present)
• Degree in Dentistry from the University Alfonso X El Sabio de Madrid (1998-2003)• Advanced Endodontics course in Ateneo Graduate Dental Center, Madrid (2003-2004) • Theoretical and practical course of Oral Surgery taught by Dr. Cosme Gay. Teknon, Barcelona Medical Centre (2004)• Diploma in Oral Medicine at the University of Seville (2004-2005)• Stay in and Maxillofacial Clinic Hospital Grantham, Lincolnshire, England Oral Surgery Service (2006)• Official certification of Invisalign, Barcelona (2009)• PhD in Clinical and Laboratory Techniques in Dentistry (Diploma of Advanced Studies) from the International University of Catalonia (2008-2011)• Master in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics from the International University of Catalonia (2008-2011)• Official certification of the Incognito Lingual Orthodontics, Barcelona System (2011) ...
*Translated with Google translator. We apologize for any imperfection
Patient reviews for dr. Elena Portugal Iglesias
Would you recommend this doctor?
All reviews are from verified patients booked through Top Doctors.
Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that corrects malposition of the bones and teeth by applying different types of forces with equipment. Orthod Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that corrects malposition of the bones and teeth by applying different types of forces with equipment. Orthodontics is indicated for cases of crowding teeth or when malposition of teeth prevents proper cleaning, which increases the risk of diseases such as caries or periodontitis. Therefore, orthodontics aims to contribute to the welfare of the patient, improving the function and aesthetics of their teeth. The equipment used can be fixed (brackets and bands) or removable, allowing the patient removal from the mouth during oral hygiene and during meals. Orthodontics is a technique applicable to both children and adults, although the advantage of child orthodontics regarding adult orthodontics is that it allows a more effective results that can be applied during the development of bony structures. ...
The dental malocclusion is the misalignment of teeth (bite), ie the upper teeth do not fit properly with the lower, and usually hereditary. The patie The dental malocclusion is the misalignment of teeth (bite), ie the upper teeth do not fit properly with the lower, and usually hereditary. The patient has a size difference between jaws or between jaw and tooth. Other factors that may cause malocclusion are loss of teeth, thumb sucking or pacifier use. The main symptoms are causing deviant teeth, crowded or protruding, and cause trouble eating and speaking. Treatment of dental malocclusion involves the use of fixed or removable appliances to correct the alignment of the teeth and jaw position. In children and adolescents the extraction of some teeth may also be needed to make room for those who have yet to grow. Children's dental malocclusion is easier to correct than the adult because bone growth is still under development. By using such apparatus straighten teeth and the jaw moves. But in adulthood you can align teeth through orthodontics, but the position of the jaws can be changed only with orthognathic surgery. ...
Invisalign is an invisible orthodontics technique using a removable splints (aligners), imperceptible to the eye, which correct the position of the t Invisalign is an invisible orthodontics technique using a removable splints (aligners), imperceptible to the eye, which correct the position of the teeth without using metal braces. For this treatment a virtual representation of the face is generated in three dimensions in which the expected movement of the teeth is displayed. The aligners are made of a material transparent to the patient as plastic and should be changed every two weeks for a new slightly different to previous progressively to achieve the desired effect. In addition, splints can be removed at any time, so allow eating, drinking and perform oral hygiene without any problems. Above all it is important to keep the aligners clean to prevent caries and periodontal diseases. Average Invisalign treatment lasts between nine and eighteen months. ...
The invisible braces is the correction of the position of the bones and teeth by devices that are not perceptible to the eye. In this technique the f The invisible braces is the correction of the position of the bones and teeth by devices that are not perceptible to the eye. In this technique the fixed appliances (braces) they are placed on the inner side of the teeth, while in the conventional go located on the outer side. With this treatment the same results, but with a higher cost and longer period of time. Currently, the invisible orthodontics has developed another technique of removable transparent splints that are located on the outside of the teeth and are virtually undetectable to the eye. They are tailor-made and durable plastic material (polycarbonate). The treatment time is usually similar to the conventional technique. ...
In lingual orthodontics, the brakets are arranged on the inner side of the teeth in order to align or fix problems on their disposal. It is a form of discreet and comfortable ortondoncia, which has the same effect as conventional orthodontics, which is placed in the traditionally exterana face. ...
The child's orthodontic correction of bones and teeth misplaced by removable fixtures (brackets) or. During childhood, orthodontics is more effective because the bony structures are still developing. Thus, it is easier to detect and correct any problems with the jawbone early. Last childhood, bony structures of the face may be amended only with orthognathic surgery, for which you can make a combined surgical orthodontic treatment. This treatment is used in adults only in the total growth of the jaw has been completed. Prior to surgery, the patient must bear fixtures for a while so that the teeth fit together when the jaws have been put in place with the intervention. The operation is performed in a hospital and involves moving the upper and lower jaws as required by the case. ...
Increasingly there is a greater demand for cosmetic dentistry that requires the same results as conventional, but also be pleasing aesthetically. It also refers to a type of treatment that uses ceramic brackets and the color is similar to tooth or even transparent. Therefore, the main difference with the metal is purely aesthetic, but there is a difference in terms of cost, since it is a little higher than conventional orthodontics. ...
Bruxism is the action to exert pressure between the teeth and make them slide causing problems in the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and wear of the surface of the teeth. The main causes of bruxism are stress, body and closing the mouth position, sleeping habits or the patient's ability to relax. Bruxism evaluation should be done with this in count in the field of dentistry and otolaryngology, since it can cause hearing disorders such as ear infections. The goal of treatment is to reduce pain, prevent tooth decay and reduce teeth grinding full. To relieve pain you can apply ice, avoid eating hard foods like nuts, candy or steaks, drink lots of water, sleep and reduce stress. The damage of the teeth, mouth prosthesis often called splints or appliances apply. ...
Tooth decay is a disease that affects the tissues of the teeth, which are destroyed because of the acids plaque. The teeth affected are drilled gradually, causing pain when the infection reaches the nerve. People who are often most affected are children and young people, but can occur at any age. ...
The root canal is a treatment which involves cutting deep in the tooth when the area is damaged. The therapy is indicated when there is a widespread dental decay or fracture that caused an inflammation or death of the dental pulp. The aim of endodontics is maintaining healthy tooth to be useful for chewing, avoiding having to extract the tooth. The technique involves removing the nerve, clean the root canal and then seal it with a thermoplastic material (gutta percha) and cement or other sealing material. Subsequently, various radiographs are necessary to ensure the accuracy of the result. The term root canal is also used as a synonym for Endodontology, a branch of dentistry that deals with diseases of the dental pulp. ...
- BOOK AN APPOINTMENT NOW
No atiende primeras citas
- First consultation: 28€
- Follow-up consultation: Según el tratamiento
Health insurance accepted
- Private patients (without medical insurance)